Town of Canmore -
Settlement Services in the Bow Valley -
Innovate Canmore - Brian McClure
Job Resource Centre -
Bow Valley Primary Care Network -
Bow Valley College -
Wendelin Mistaken Chief
Town of Banff
Banff Ministerial Association -
Banff Lake Louise Hospitality Association -
Canadian Rockies Public Schools
Alberta Parks -
Parks Canada -
Immigrant Advisory Group
In 2015, thematic working groups helped develop action plans for the integration strategy. Today, these groups oversee their implementation. Our working groups include:
• Social Integration: Planning and implementing actions to foster welcoming attitudes (addressing discrimination and misconceptions about immigrants and newcomers, as well celebrating diversity and promoting inclusion and respect) and strategies to build social connections between immigrants and non-immigrants. This working group works on things like public education campaigns, multicultural celebrations, and more.
• Employment: Developing strategies related to employment challenges such as workplace discrimination, employment standards, workplace training, and recognition of foreign credentials and experience. For the past year, this group has focused on planning our Workplace Inclusion Charter.
• Education & Language Learning: Developing strategies related to adult and children's education & language learning needs. This group works on everything from support for language learners to professional development, post-secondary, and lifelong learning opportunities.
• Civic & Political Participation: Developing strategies related to civic & political empowerment and mobilization. This working group helps acknowledge and celebrate newcomer volunteerism, develop leadership capacity in the newcomer population, and empower newcomers to participate in civic/political decision making processes.
• NEW: Health: Since completing the 2015-2018 strategy, we have become aware of a number of health needs affecting Bow Valley newcomers. The health working group works to respond to current needs and will lead the planning of 2018-2020 integration strategies related to health.
Interested in joining a working group?
Apply now or contact us to learn more.